Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Positivity is still alive

Today for dinner I went to Welcome. If you haven't been to Welcome Restaurant I recommend it. Big fan. Anyhow there was the owners 23 month year old child walking around the kitchen and while I was waiting for my order (I think 23, Tofu vegetables with noodles in a tasty sauce and a bag of mushroom jerky) she came out from behind the counter. She looked up at me and we stared off for a while, then I started to copy her hand movements. At first she wasn't sure what I was up to, Then she cottoned on. After a while of this she snapped her hand into her sleeve. I looked surprised and asked her where her hand went. She then smiled a giant grin and popped it back out. Showing it to me in triumph, I acted casual and relieved, then, her hand went missing. I think we played this loop for ten minutes. At the end of the game she had added in losing balance when she was missing her hand and we pretended to eat dinner with each other at one of the tables. Her dad became our pleased audience and seemed to be pretty proud of his social and inventive child. I would be too.

I'm glad that comedy isn't dead, I'm glad routines have new places to go, and I'm glad a 23 year old man can play a silly game with a 23 month year old girl like" where did your hand go, oh, there it is. Oh where did your hand go ect."

No comments:

Post a Comment